Girls Baseball Camp
We are thrilled to be offering our Girls Baseball Camp again in 2019! Girls Baseball Camp is a recreational day camp for girls of all skill levels ages 7 to 14. Operating Week 2, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m at Glenview Senior Public School. We provide an inclusive and encouraging environment in which girls can learn, practice and compete. By participating in various baseball drills, competitions and games, our coaches will ensure that every camper is improving her fundamental baseball skills (throwing, fielding, and hitting) in a confidence-building environment. Whether your daughter wants to learn how to field a groundball or pop-fly, how to hit a homerun or drop the perfect bunt, our experienced coaches challenge every camper to improve her skills!
True North Sports Camps’ baseball programs in Toronto are run by North Toronto Baseball Camp, which was started by the founders of True North Sports Camps. Our baseball programs have been a staple in the Toronto community for more than 10 years!
Thank you for an amazing 2019 Summer Camp season! We look forward to seeing you again in 2020.
**Summer camps are now over! Please stay tuned for information about our 2020 season! In the meantime, check out our clinics.**
Your first registration at the Girls Baseball Camp will cost $360.
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. Any additional weeks of camp (whether for the same child or a sibling) will be discounted by $60/week.
- Note that these discounts will automatically be applied between different sports camps (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball).
- Drop your child off as early as 8AM and pick-up between 4PM - 5PM for an additional $75/week per child.
- Applicable Taxes: registration fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
In case it rains, we have access to the gym at the school where we are able to run indoor activities and baseball instruction.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Weekly Tournament
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of Girls Week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their hitting, defence and pitching, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate skills and techniques learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Baseball glove.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Athletic cup is recommended.
- Baseball cleats are allowed but not necessary (plastic spikes only).
- Baseball pants are not required. We know it will be hot!
- Any personal equipment you wish to bring (bats, helmet, batting gloves) – remember to label everything!
- Water bottle.
- Note: All baseballs, bats, and other equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
At 8:30 parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Short activities such as dodge ball, soccer, and trivia, will take place until camp begins at 9:00am.
Instructors will lead campers through a warm up and dynamic stretching.
Campers will warm-up their arms with throwing exercises. Everyday campers will review the fundamentals of throwing and learn new drills emphasizing proper form.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week.
Stations: Each day the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: hitting, infielding and position-specific practice. For example, on 'Position-Specific Day', each player rotates through a variety of stations relevant to their chosen positions.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 10:00 – 10:45am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Fun games include Gold Glove, Home-Run Derby, and the famous Base Running Game! This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
A quick water and snack break will be taken.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin tournament from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon. During the games, instructors will pause to discuss strategy and positioning.
Camper Pick Up
Camp ends at 3:30pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00pm, we offer extended care until 5:00pm for a small additional fee.