Girls Baseball Camp
We are thrilled to be offering our Girls Baseball Camp again in 2018! Operating Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., we provide an inclusive and encouraging environment in which girls can learn, practice and compete. By participating in various baseball drills, competitions and games, our coaches will ensure that every camper is improving her fundamental baseball skills (throwing, fielding, and hitting) in a confidence-building environment. Whether your daughter wants to learn how to field a groundball or pop-fly, or how to hit a homerun or bunt, our experienced coaches challenge every camper to improve!
True North Sports Camps’ baseball programs in Toronto are run by North Toronto Baseball Camp, which was started by the founders of True North Sports Camps. Our baseball programs have been a staple in the Toronto community for more than 10 years!
While our girls-only baseball camp is offered for one week in July and one week of August, our baseball camps offered throughout the rest of the summer are co-ed. We would love to have your daughters join us!
|Week #||Dates||Day||Drop Off Time||Pick Up Time||Extended Care||Location||Sign Up|
|Week 2||July 9 – 13||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||4:00 - 5:00pm||145 Ava Road (Toronto)||Register|
|Week 5||July 30 – August 3||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||4:00 - 5:00pm||145 Ava Road (Toronto)||Register|
Your first registration at Baseball Camp will cost $360.
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. Any additional weeks of camp (whether for the same child or a sibling) will be discounted by $60/week.
- Note that these discounts will automatically be applied between different sports camps (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball).
- Extended care is available from 4PM - 5PM for an additional $65 per week per child.
- We operate an optional depot bus service if you need help with pick up and/or drop off at the rate of $70 per week per child. Discounts are available if you need both bus service and extended care. Please see Transportation for more information.
- Applicable Taxes: registration fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
In case it rains, we have access to the gym at the school where we are able to run indoor activities and baseball instruction.
We operate optional depot bus service if you need help with pick up and/or drop off. Please see Transportation for more information.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Weekly Tournament
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of Girls Week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their hitting, defence and pitching, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate skills and techniques learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Baseball glove.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Athletic cup is recommended.
- Baseball cleats are allowed but not necessary (plastic spikes only).
- Baseball pants are not required. We know it will be hot!
- Any personal equipment you wish to bring (bats, helmet, batting gloves) – remember to label everything!
- Water bottle.
- Note: All baseballs, bats, and other equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
At 8:30 parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Short activities such as dodge ball, soccer, and trivia, will take place until camp begins at 9:00am.
Instructors will lead campers through a warm up and dynamic stretching.
Campers will warm-up their arms with throwing exercises. Everyday campers will review the fundamentals of throwing and learn new drills emphasizing proper form.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week.
Stations: Each day the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: hitting, infielding and position-specific practice. For example, on 'Position-Specific Day', each player rotates through a variety of stations relevant to their chosen positions.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 10:00 – 10:45am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Fun games include Gold Glove, Home-Run Derby, and the famous Base Running Game! This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
A quick water and snack break will be taken.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin tournament from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon. During the games, instructors will pause to discuss strategy and positioning.
Camper Pick Up
Camp ends at 3:30pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00pm, we offer extended care until 5:00pm for a small additional fee.