Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long has True North been operating? We originally started as North Toronto Baseball Camp in 2007. Since then, the camp has grown to over 1,800 annual campers and has expanded to include basketball, football, soccer and multi-sport clinics and camps!
2. My child has not played many sports before, is True North the right fit? We definitely believe so! Our camp was founded on the principles of providing high quality instruction in a friendly and inclusive atmosphere for all skill levels. Campers are divided into groups based on age and skill level. Our coaches are given the flexibility to alter the activities to suit the needs of their group. As well, our coaches are trained to adapt their teaching styles based on the age and skill level of their players.
3. What programs do you offer? We offer after school and weekend sports programs during the school year (information listed under "Clinics") as well as week-long summer day camps throughout July and August (information listed under "Summer Camps"). We offer a variety of different sports including baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football and multi-sport for a variety of different age groups (4 - 14). As we are constantly looking for ways to improve, our schedule, locations and sports vary from time to time! Check out our website for updated information or contact our office anytime (416-619-1224 / email@example.com).
4. When do programs open for registration?
- February 1st = Spring Programs (April - June)
- August 1st = Fall Programs (Sept - Dec)
- October 1st = Winter Programs (Jan - March) + March Break Camp
- December 1st = Summer Camps (July - Aug)
5. What is your staff to camper ratio? Our ratios vary depending on the age of the participants, but most average either 5 or 6 campers to 1 coach. In addition, we often have directors and volunteer CITs on-site as well who are not included in that ratio.
6. What is North Toronto Baseball Camp? True North originally started as North Toronto Baseball Camp in 2007. Today, NTBC continues to maintain its own brand, and is the baseball programs operated in Toronto by True North. We still offer the same great programs with many of the same staff and philosophy to sport instruction/programming!
Still have more questions? Contact our office! We are happy to help: 416-619-1224 / firstname.lastname@example.org