The True North Philosophy
At True North Sports Camps we are committed to creating the best possible experience for every camper and great staff are vital to achieving that goal! While developing the campers' athletic skills is certainly important, our core focus is creating a positive environment for our campers, allowing them to have fun and forge lasting friendships.
Please be advised that due to Covid-19, all 2020 summer day camps have been suspended. As a result, we are no longer accepting CITs at any of our locations. If you are interested in working with us in the future, please review the information below and stay tuned for 2021!
About the CIT Program
At True North Sports Camps, we believe that summer camps provide youth with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to succeed as leaders both at camp and beyond. The mandate of the Coach in Training program is to provide participants with the opportunity to develop communication, coaching and organization skills and to take on a leadership position in a supportive and inclusive environment.
There is no fee to enroll in the CIT program. Please note that CITs do not receive a salary. Participants will be eligible to receive community service hours for their time at the camp - please check with your guidance department in advance to ensure that your school will recognize the hours toward your high school requirements.
Age requirement: CITs must be 15 years old by December 31, 2020 in order to participate in the program.
Application deadline: CITs must attend staff training on the weekend of June 20/21 and therefore applications must be received before the 20th.
Please see the CIT Program Description form for more information.
By the end of the program, all CITs will have:
- A strong understanding of the True North Philosophy and our values
- Experienced teaching different skills while accounting for individual differences
- Shadowed, observed and assisted an assigned senior staff member
- Actively participated in CIT discussions/seminars with fellow CITs and Directors
- Completed mid-session and final evaluations – receiving feedback from peers, supervisors and self
To apply for a CIT position at one of our summer camps, please send the following to our Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Completed CIT Application Form
- Letter of Interest: outline why you want to be a CIT and what qualities you possess that will make you a successful coach at True North Sports Camps in the future
- One reference with contact information
If selected, applicants will be contacted to set up session dates for the upcoming summer. CITs will be assigned to two-week sessions at one of our sports camps. Please note staff training is mandatory for all CITs and is scheduled to take place on June 20 & 21 at Branksome Hall - applications to participate in our CIT program must be received before June 20th.