Baseball / T-Ball Clinics
We offer instructional baseball programs for boys and girls ages 4 - 14 of all skill levels throughout the school year! Our goal is to improve each player's skills, with an emphasis on fun, fair play and teamwork.
- Spring Training: Baseball Spring Training is an outdoor weekend clinic that focuses on fundamental skills and high quality repetitions to get players ready for the beginning of their season. Our instructors review the proper mechanics of hitting, fielding and pitching and provide the players with ample opportunity to practice each skill through a series of high-energy drills. In addition, various team concepts will be introduced including cut-off plays, pitcher fielding practice, and situational hitting.
- Instructional Leagues: Our baseball and T-ball outdoor instructional leagues give players the opportunity to be a part of a team while still developing their baseball skills! Each week our outstanding coaches will spend approximately 20 - 30 minutes on skill-development drills, with the rest of the time spent on game-play.
Check out our spring schedule below for more information! Registration for our spring programs will open to the general public on February 8th. If you were registered for a spring program that was cancelled in 2020, please do not wait until February 8th to sign up, but instead email us ASAP to secure your spot for the spring.
True North Sports Camps’ baseball programs are run by North Toronto Baseball Camp, which was started by the founders of True North Sports Camps. A staple in the Toronto community since 2007.
Spring Schedule (outdoors)
|Clinic ID||Program||Day||Dates||Ages||Start Time||End Time||No. of Sessions||Location||Price (+HST)||Sign Up!|
|ST||Baseball Spring Training||Saturday & Sunday||April 24 & 25||7 to 14||9:00am||3:30pm||2||Memorial Park||$245||Register|
|4||T-Ball Instructional League||Tuesday||May 4 - June 15||4 to 6||4:15pm||5:15pm||7||Viewmount Park||$210||Register|
|5||T-Ball Instructional League||Sunday||May 9 - June 13||4 & 5||9:30am||10:30am||6||Lawrence Park C.I||$180||Register|
|6||T-Ball Instructional League||Sunday||May 9 - June 13||4 & 5||10:45am||11:45am||6||Lawrence Park C.I||$180||Register|
|7||T-Ball Instructional League||Sunday||May 9 - June 13||6 & 7||12:00pm||1:00pm||6||Lawrence Park C.I||$180||Register|
|8||Baseball Instructional League||Thursday||May 20 - June 24||6 to 10||6:00pm||7:30pm||6||Lawrence Park C.I||$210||Register|
|9||Baseball Instructional League||Thursday||May 20 - June 24||9 to 13||6:00pm||7:30pm||6||Lawrence Park C.I||$210||Register|
COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies
- All staff and participants will be required to complete a questionnaire before each session including the following:
- Upon sign-in and sign-out, parents and guardians will be asked their name to allow for contact tracing in the event it is required.
- Whenever possible, all participants and staff will be required to physically distance by at least 2 metres from one another. This applies within their designated group / team as well as from other participants and coaches in the program. Unfortunately, when working with young children, it will not always be possible to maintain physical distancing. However, our staff will do their best to enforce physical distancing and we will plan our programming accordingly. In situations where staff and participants are unable to physically distance (i.e. when a player is waiting on base), we will be sure to minimize prolonged contact.
Please note these COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies are subject to change based on the recommendations and restrictions from public health at the time of the program.
- Cancellations by Participants - In the event a participant would like to cancel their registration in a spring clinic, whether before or after the program has started, a full credit for the amount paid (or pro-rated if the program has already started) will be provided. No refunds will be provided to cancellations requested by participants at any time.
- Cancellations by True North - In the event True North has to cancel all or part of a program, for any reason whatsoever, the following credit / refund policy will apply:
- Partial session cancellation (i.e. inclement weather presents itself mid-way through a session one week) = no credits or refunds provided
- 1 - 2 full sessions cancelled = a credit for the cancelled sessions will be provided
- 3 or more full sessions cancelled = families can elect to receive either a credit or refund for the cancelled sessions
- Spring Training Only = we'll be providing credits if 1-day is cancelled, if both days are cancelled families can elect to receive either a credit or refund for the cancelled sessions
Please note that credits are transferable among siblings, can be used for any of our future programs and never expire.
Our spring programs take place outdoors in both rain and shine. As we do not have access to indoor facilities to use for programming, there are two circumstances in which we will cancel a session due to inclement weather:
(1) poor field conditions (large puddles, extremely slippery conditions, etc.);
(2) severe weather (heavy rain with limited visibility, thunder/lightning, very strong winds, etc.).
If a session is cancelled before it begins, one of our Directors will contact parents via email as soon as possible. If you do not hear from us in advance, please assume the program is going ahead as scheduled. Our staff may decide to cancel a session on-site if field conditions worsen or severe weather presents itself during a program. In that case, our coaches will ensure the safety of all participants and telephone parents to arrange for early pick-up.