Girls Basketball Camp
We are thrilled to be offering a Girls Basketball Camp in 2023!
Girls Basketball Camp in Lawrence Park is a recreational day camp for girls of all skill levels, ages 8 to 14 years old. Operating Week 4, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at John Ross Robertson, the program is designed to focus on the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting, and rebounding. By rotating positions during drills and scrimmages, players will have a chance to play guard, forward, and centre. In addition, several team concepts will be introduced including team defence (man-to-man vs. zone), setting screens, cutting without the ball and of course, the pick and roll. Come test your skills at horse, bump and our end of week 3-on-3 tournament!
Most importantly, our amazing coaches foster the memorable summer camp experience and confidence-building environment that makes True North Sports Camps unique. This summer, come find out what makes our basketball camp so special!
While our girls-only basketball camp is offered for one week in July, our basketball camps that are offered throughout the rest of the summer are co-ed. We would love to have your daughters join us!
|Week #||Date||Age||Day||Drop Off||Pick Up||Location||Price / Week||Sign Up!|
|4||July 24 – 28||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$410 + HST||Register|
Your first registration at Basketball Camp will cost $410 (+HST).
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. A discount of $75 will be applied to the second week/sibling registration. Any additional registration after the second week/sibling registration will be discounted $75.
- Note that these discounts will be applied between different sports camps and locations (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball) but if you're registering in a separate transaction the discount will not automatically apply and you will need to call us at (416) 619-1224 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the discount is correctly applied.
- You have the option to defer payment until May 1st. Payment will not be required in full until May 1st.
- Drop your child off as early as 8AM and pick-up between 4PM - 5PM for an additional $75/week per child.
- Applicable Taxes: all fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
We have access to the John Ross Robertson JPS, which will be used primarily for basketball camp. However, occasionally we will be taking advantage of the outdoor nets as well.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Weekly Tournament
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of each week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their dribbling, passing, shooting and defense, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate what they learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own morning lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Basketball or athletic shoes.
- T-shirt, jersey or singlet.
- Water bottle.
- Note: All basketballs and equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
If a camper needs to be dropped before 8:30am, we offer extended care from 8:00am for a small additional fee.
From 8:30 - 9:00am, parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Fun activities such as horse, bump, and 21 will take place until camp begins at 9:00 am.
Instructors will lead campers through a warm up and dynamic stretching
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week.
Stations: Each day of the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: dribbling, passing, defence, shooting, and position-specific practice.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 9:15-10:30am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Contests include “Hot-Shot”, Free Throw Competitions, and 1 on 1 / 3 on 3 games. This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
A quick water and snack break will be taken.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin tournament from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon.
Formal camp activities end at 3:30pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00pm, we offer extended care until 5:00pm for a small additional fee.