Spring Clinics and Summer Camp:
As of Tuesday, May 20, 2020 our Directors have made the difficult decision to suspend all of our 2020 summer day camps. All families that were registered for any of our spring and summer programs that have been cancelled were contacted directly. For more information regarding our 2020 spring and summer cancellations please visit our COVID-19 Updates page.
Cancellations by Participants:
In the event of a cancellation of a Mini Camp program by a host family, for any reason, all fees paid are non-refundable. While the number of participants within your Mini Camp may change between the date of payment and the start of the Mini Camp, the fees for the program are a flat rate and therefore, no adjustments will be made to the price. Should you wish to replace or add a participant to your Mini Camp after registration has already occurred, contact our office for assistance.
Except as otherwise set out below, no refunds or credits will be provided to a participant who misses part or all of a Mini Camp.
Please note that there are no fees to transfer your Mini Camp week but it is unlikely that we will be able to accommodate a transfer based on the current demand and capacity of our Mini Camp programs.
Cancellations by True North:
If True North has to cancel a Mini Camp before the program commences due to, but not limited to, any of the following reasons, all fees paid will be fully refunded:
- A staff member is unable to work the Mini Camp and True North is unable to provide a replacement staff
- Public health restrictions change such that we are no longer allowed to run the Mini Camp
If a Mini Camp is cancelled by True North after it has already started (which would occur, for example, if anyone in the Mini Camp were to test positive or be suspected of having COVID-19), a prorated refund will be provided for any fees paid.
In the event of inclement weather, we will be providing prorated credits only if there are 2 or more camp days cancelled due to weather – no credits or refunds will be otherwise provided due to weather cancellations.
Cancellations by Participants- In the event a participant would like to cancel their registration in a fall t-ball league program, whether before or after the program has started, a full credit for the amount paid (or pro-rated if the program has already started) will be provided. No refunds will be provided to cancellations requested by participants at any time.
Cancellations by True North - In the event True North has to cancel all or part of a program, for any reason whatsoever, the following credit / refund policy will apply:
- Partial session cancellation (i.e. inclement weather presents itself mid-way through a session one week) = no credits or refunds provided
- 1 - 2 full sessions cancelled = a credit for the cancelled sessions will be provided
- 3 - 5 full sessions cancelled = families can elect to receive either a credit or refund for the cancelled sessions
Please note that credits are transferable among siblings, can be used for any of our future programs and never expire.
Our fall programs take place outdoors and will run in both rain and shine, as long as it is safe to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long has True North been operating? We originally started as North Toronto Baseball Camp in 2007. Since then, the camp has grown to over 1,800 annual campers and has expanded to include basketball, football, soccer and multi-sport clinics and camps!
2. My child has not played many sports before, is True North the right fit? We definitely believe so! Our camp was founded on the principles of providing high quality instruction in a friendly and inclusive atmosphere for all skill levels. Campers are divided into groups based on age and skill level. Our coaches are given the flexibility to alter the activities to suit the needs of their group. As well, our coaches are trained to adapt their teaching styles based on the age and skill level of their players.
3. What programs do you offer? We offer after school and weekend sports programs during the school year (information listed under "Clinics") as well as week-long summer day camps throughout July and August (information listed under "Summer Camps"). We offer a variety of different sports including baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football and multi-sport for a variety of different age groups (4 - 14). As we are constantly looking for ways to improve, our schedule, locations and sports vary from time to time! Check out our website for updated information or contact our office anytime (416-619-1224 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. When do programs open for registration?
- February 1st = Spring Programs (April - June)
- August 1st = Fall Programs (Sept - Dec)
- October 1st = Winter Programs (Jan - March) + March Break Camp
- November 15th = Summer Camps (July - Aug)
5. What is your staff to camper ratio? Our ratios vary depending on the age of the participants, but most average either 5 or 6 campers to 1 coach. In addition, we often have directors and volunteer CITs on-site as well who are not included in that ratio.
6. What is North Toronto Baseball Camp? True North originally started as North Toronto Baseball Camp in 2007. Today, NTBC continues to maintain its own brand, and is the baseball programs operated in Toronto by True North. We still offer the same great programs with many of the same staff and philosophy to sport instruction/programming!
Still have more questions? Contact our office! We are happy to help: 416-619-1224 / email@example.com