Our Recreational Baseball Camp at Bond Park (in North York) is a day camp for boys and girls ages 7 to 14 years old. Operating Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., we provide a safe environment in which young ball players can learn, practice, and compete. Campers will be taught the fundamentals of throwing, fielding, and hitting through a combination of drills, competitions, and games. Whether a young baseball players wants to learn how to field a groundball or pop-fly, how to hit a homerun or drop the perfect bunt, our experienced staff will challenge every camper to improve. Our Baseball Camp at Bond Park will bring the same great culture, coaches and programming that we have developed over the past 10+ years at Memorial Park.
True North Sports Camps is excited to partner with the North York Baseball Association and will be running baseball camps again at Bond Park in North York in 2020!
|Week #||Dates||Day||Drop Off Time||Pick Up Time||Extended Care||Location||Sign Up!|
|Week 1*||June 29 - July 3||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Bond Park||Register|
|Week 2||July 6 – 10||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Bond Park||Register|
|Week 3||July 13 – 17||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Bond Park||Register|
|Week 4||July 20 – 24||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Bond Park||Register|
*Indicates a 4-day week due to Canada Day (Wednesday July 1)
Your first registration at Baseball Camp will cost $365. Week 1 (June 29 - July 3) is a short four-day week due to Canada Day (Wednesday July 1). As a result, this weeks cost is $292/child.
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. Any additional weeks of camp (whether for the same child or a sibling) will be discounted by $60/week.
- Note that these discounts will be applied between different sports camps and locations (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball).
- Drop your child off as early as 8AM and pick-up between 4PM - 5PM for an additional $75/week per child.
- Register before Jan. 31st and receive our Early Bird price of $292/wk (plus HST)! Please note our 4-day week Early Bird pricing is $233.60/wk (plus HST) for Week 1.
- Applicable Taxes: all fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
In case it rains, we have access to the Bond Park Clubhouse where we are able to run indoor programming.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Weekly Tournament
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of each week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their hitting, defence and pitching, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate skills and techniques learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Baseball glove.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Athletic cup is recommended.
- Baseball cleats are allowed but not necessary (plastic spikes only).
- Baseball pants are not required. We know it will be hot!
- Any personal equipment you wish to bring (bats, helmet, batting gloves) – remember to label everything!
- Water bottle.
- Note: All baseballs, bats, and other equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
If a camper needs to be dropped off before 8:30am, we offer extended care from 8:00am for a small additional fee.
From 8:30-9:00am parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Short activities such as dodge ball, soccer, and trivia, will take place until camp begins at 9:00am.
Instructors will lead campers through a warm up and dynamic stretching.
Campers will warm-up their arms with throwing exercises. Everyday campers will review the fundamentals of throwing and learn new drills emphasizing proper form.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week. Stations: Each day the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: hitting, infielding and position-specific practice. For example, on 'Position-Specific Day', each player rotates through a variety of stations relevant to their chosen positions.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 10:00 – 10:45am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Fun games include Gold Glove, Home-Run Derby, and the famous Base Running Game! This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
A quick water and snack break will be taken.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin tournament from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon. During the games, instructors will pause to discuss strategy and positioning.
Camper Pick Up
Formal camp activities end at 3:30pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00pm, we offer extended care until 5:00pm for a small additional fee.