True North Basketball Camp in Lawrence Park is a recreational day camp for girls and boys of all skill levels, ages 8 to 14 years old. Operating Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Glenview Senior PS, the program is designed to focus on the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting, and rebounding. By rotating positions during drills and scrimmages, players will have a chance to play guard, forward, and centre. In addition, several team concepts will be introduced including team defence (man-to-man vs. zone), setting screens, cutting without the ball and of course, the pick and roll. Come test your skills at horse, bump and our end of week 3-on-3 tournament!
|Week #||Date||Age||Day||Drop Off||Pick Up||Location||Price / Week||Sign Up!|
|1||July 3 – 7||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
|2||July 10 - 14||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
|3||July 17 – 21||8 -14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
|4||July 24 – 28||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
|4 (Girls Week)||July 24 – 28||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$410 + HST||Register|
|5||July 31 - Aug 4||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
|6*||Aug 8 – 11||8 - 14||Tues - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$328 + HST||Register|
|7||Aug 14 - 18||8 - 14||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||Glenview Senior PS||$410 + HST||Register|
*Indicates a 4-day week due to the Civic Holiday (Monday, August 7)
Your first registration at Basketball Camp will cost $410 (+HST).
Week 6 (August 8 - 11) is a short four-day week due to the Civic Holiday (Monday August 7). As a result, the price for this week will be prorated accordingly.
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. A discount of $75 will be applied to the second week/sibling registration. Any additional registration after the second week/sibling registration will be discounted $75.
- Note that these discounts will be applied between different sports camps and locations (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball) but if you're registering in a separate transaction the discount will not automatically apply and you will need to call us at (416) 619-1224 or email us at email@example.com to ensure the discount is correctly applied.
- You have the option to defer payment until May 1st. Payment will not be required in full until May 1st.
- Drop your child off as early as 8 AM and pick-up between 4 PM - 5 PM for an additional $75(+HST)/week per child.
- Applicable Taxes: all fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
We have access to the Glenview Senior PS gym, which will be used primarily for basketball camp. However, occasionally we will be taking advantage of the outdoor nets as well.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Weekly Tournament
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of each week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their dribbling, defence, passing and shooting, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate skills and techniques learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own morning lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Basketball or athletic shoes.
- T-shirt, jersey or singlet.
- Water bottle.
- Note: All basketballs and equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
If a camper needs to be dropped off before 8:30am, we offer extended care from 8:00am for a small additional fee.
From 8:30 - 9:00am, parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Fun activities such as horse, bump, and 21 will take place until camp begins at 9:00 am.
Instructors will lead campers through a warm up and dynamic stretching.
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week.
Stations: Each day of the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: dribbling, passing, defence, shooting, and position-specific practice.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 9:15-10:30 am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Contests include “Hot-Shot”, Free Throw Competitions, and 1 on 1 / 3 on 3 games. This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon.
Formal camp activities end at 3:30 pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00 pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00 pm, we offer extended care until 5:00 pm for a small additional fee.