Junior Camp in Lawrence Park is a recreational day camp for boys and girls of all skill levels, ages 4 to 7 years old. Located at John Ross Robertson Jr. Public School, Junior Camp operates Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is designed to improve the fundamental movement skills of our early-years campers in a baseball-specific environment. We will teach all of the wacky rules of baseball and play fun games to learn the different techniques. By developing their running, throwing, and catching skills, campers will build the self-confidence necessary to help them succeed as a young athlete.
True North Sports Camps’ baseball programs are run by North Toronto Baseball Camp, which was started by the founders of True North Sports Camps. A staple in the Toronto community since 2007!
Why Junior Camp?
Junior Camp is designed to help our 4 to 7 year old campers develop the movement skills required to become an all-star! All of our instruction and activities have been prepared to meet the developmental stages of our younger campers. More time will be spent focused on building the fundamental skills (eg. throwing, catching, and running) that every baseball player needs to succeed. We will take more time to explain the rules of baseball so that every player leaves camp with a stronger understanding of the game.
|Week #||Date||Age||Day||Drop Off||Pick Up||Location||Price / Week||Sign Up!|
|1||July 3 – 7||4 - 7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
|2||July 10 - 14||4 - 7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
|3||July 17 – 21||4 -7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
|4||July 24 – 28||4 - 7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
|5||July 31 - Aug 4||4 - 7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
|6*||Aug 8 – 12||4 - 7||Tues - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$278.80 + HST||Dec 1st|
|7||Aug 15 - 19||4 - 7||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 9:00am||3:30 - 4:00pm||John Ross Robertson||$348.50 + HST||Dec 1st|
*Indicates a 4-day week due to the Civic Holiday (Monday, August 7)
Early Bird Pricing - available until January 16th!
Your first registration at our Junior Baseball Camp will cost $410 (+HST).
Take advantage of our Early Bird pricing $348.50 (+HST) available until January 16th!
Week 6 (August 8 - 11) is a short four-day week due to the Civic Holiday (Monday August 7). As a result, the price for this week will be prorated accordingly.
- We offer Multi-Sibling and Multi-Week discounts. A discount of $60 will be applied to the second week/sibling registration. Any additional registration after the second week/sibling registration will be discounted $120.
- Note that these discounts will be applied between different sports camps and locations (ie. Baseball, Flag Football, Multi-Sport, Soccer and Basketball) but if you're registering in a separate transaction the discount will not automatically apply and you will need to call us at (416) 619-1224 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the discount is correctly applied.
- You have the option to defer payment until May 1st. Payment will not be required in full until May 1st.
- Drop your child off as early as 8AM and pick-up between 4PM - 5PM for an additional $75(+HST)/week per child.
- Applicable Taxes: all fees are subject to 13% HST
- Please click here for information about our cancellation policy and payment options.
In case it rains, we have access to the school for indoor games and activities.
- Scouting Reports
- Outstanding Coaches
- Afternoon Games
- Camp T-Shirt
- FUN Fridays
- Prizes and Giveaways
At the end of each week, players will receive a personalized Scouting Report detailing their strengths and areas for improvement. Players will be scouted on their hitting, defence and pitching, giving them an opportunity to demonstrate skills and techniques learned throughout the week.
What to Bring
- Lunch/Snacks: All campers must bring their own lunch and snacks. Please note we are a nut-free camp.
- Baseball glove.
- Sunscreen and hat.
- Athletic cup is recommended.
- Baseball cleats are allowed but not necessary (plastic spikes only).
- Baseball pants are not required. We know it will be hot!
- Any personal equipment you wish to bring (bats, helmet, batting gloves) – remember to label everything!
- Water bottle.
- Note: All baseballs, bats, and other equipment will be provided.
A Day at Camp!
If a camper needs to be dropped off before 8:30am, we offer extended care from 8:00am for a small additional fee.
From 8:30 - 9:00am, parents will drop off their children and sign in with our staff. Short activities such as soccer, octopus, and kickball will take place until camp begins at 9:00 am.
Instructors will lead campers through a fun and active warm-up.
Campers will warm-up their arms with basic throwing exercises. Everyday campers will review the fundamentals of throwing and learn new drills emphasizing proper form.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups: All campers are divided into Skill Groups based on age and skill level. Campers will move from station to station with their group throughout the week. Stations: Each day of the week features stations designed to focus on a specific range of skills. Types of stations include: hitting, infielding and outfielding.
Campers will gather for a short water and snack break.
Defensive / Hitting Stations
Skill Groups will continue rotating through their stations. See 10:00 – 10:45am for more details!
After finishing their lunch, campers will get a chance to participate in organized lunch time activities.
Competitions and Activities
After lunch, friendly competitions and activities will take place. Fun games include Gold Glove, Home-Run Derby, and the famous Base Running Game! This is an opportunity for campers to have some fun and try out their new skills.
A quick water and snack break will be taken.
On Monday campers will be divided into teams each coached by an instructor. The teams compete in a round-robin tournament from Monday to Thursday and battle for the Championship on Friday afternoon. During the games, instructors will pause to discuss strategy and positioning.
Camper Pick Up
Formal camp activities end at 3:30pm. Parents are welcome to pick up their children between 3:30 and 4:00pm.
If a camper cannot be picked up by 4:00pm, we offer extended care until 5:00pm for a small additional fee.